City of Urbana Fire Division
Notice of Privacy Practices
IMPORTANT: THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
City of Urbana Fire Division is committed to protecting your personal health information. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of health information that could reasonably be used to identify you, known as “Protected Health Information” or “PHI.” We are also required by law to provide you with the attached detailed Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) explaining our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI.
Our staff is committed to respect your privacy. All healthcare information is handled following strict guidelines and policies of confidentiality.
If you have any questions regarding HIPAA and your rights to privacy protection, PLEASE CONTACT Assistant Chief Jeff Asper, HIPAA COMPLIANCE OFFICER
937-652-4375 or email@example.com.
Urbana is conveniently nestled in Champaign County in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Incorporated in 1868
- Approximately 6.8 square miles
- Population 11,793 as of 2010 census
- Home to Urbana University, a liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 and a 128-acre campus
- Two national residential historic districts and multiple single sites on the registry
- According to the Ohio Historical Society, in 1840 during the VanBuren-Harrison contest, downtown Urbana was the site for a national Whig convention dinner. Hanging nearby was a banner with the words "The People is Oll Korrect." This helped to perpetuate the national trend of using "OK," not only as a show of political support, but as a common phrase used today. (more)