You will find the City Job Application Form below, as well as open positions for which the City is accepting applications.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Police Patrol Officer. Please see the Application Notice for additional information. If you would like to patricipate in the civil service examination on November 15th, you will need to complete the Application Packet and return it to the Human Resource Office, located on the top floor of the Municipal Building, 205 South Main Street, Urbana, Ohio.
The written civil service examination will consist of the Industrial/Organizational Solutions (I/OS) National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory - Integrity (NCIOSI2) written test. (posted 09/19/14)
Urbana is conveniently nestled in Champaign County in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Incorporated in 1868
- Approximately 6.8 square miles
- Population 11,793 as of 2010 census
- Home to Urbana University, a liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 and a 128-acre campus
- Two national residential historic districts and multiple single sites on the registry
- According to the Ohio Historical Society, in 1840 during the VanBuren-Harrison contest, downtown Urbana was the site for a national Whig convention dinner. Hanging nearby was a banner with the words "The People is Oll Korrect." This helped to perpetuate the national trend of using "OK," not only as a show of political support, but as a common phrase used today. (more)