You will find the City Job Application Form below, as well as open positions for which the City is accepting applications.
We have the following positions available in the Water Division. To apply for these positions, please complete an application and submit it to the Human Resource Office before 4pm on 07/23/14. (Please note if you are applying for the full-time or part-time position.)
Assistant Water Superintendent (posted 06/29/14) please see the job notice and submit resumes to the Human Resource Office before 4pm on 08/12/14.
ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC
The City of Urbana is seeking applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Please complete the Application for the Firefighter/Paramedic Entry Level Civil Service Examination located below and return to the Human Resource Office before 4:30pm on June 2, 2014.
Urbana is conveniently nestled in Champaign County in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Incorporated in 1868
- Approximately 6.8 square miles
- Population 11,793 as of 2010 census
- Home to Urbana University, a liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 and a 128-acre campus
- Two national residential historic districts and multiple single sites on the registry
- According to the Ohio Historical Society, in 1840 during the VanBuren-Harrison contest, downtown Urbana was the site for a national Whig convention dinner. Hanging nearby was a banner with the words "The People is Oll Korrect." This helped to perpetuate the national trend of using "OK," not only as a show of political support, but as a common phrase used today. (more)